Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gannons 1st overnight Scout campout 2008




I attended Gannons 1st overnight, it was a blast... except the sleeping part. Guess my old put together back can't handle it anymore. At least Gannon had fun, this was his first fire he made, and it only took him 2 matches. He was the first one to get his going. The boys made their own swing with a rope that was tied to a football to get it up over the highest branch. Then they worked on the wood chit badge. Why do they call it chit? Does anyone know? I think chip would sound better, and less chance of saying S*#T. Oh yeah during a game of "capture the flag" he ate it running when he found a tent string. Kinda sounded like a guitar string breaking... then a loud thud as the air compressed out of his body... causing him to cry as he tried to catch his breath. I helped as much as I could between laughing. He's fine...

2 comments:

Nathan & Rebecca said...

Two matches is impressive, but how much gasoline did you pour on the wood Rod?

MizzouJohnson6 said...

Gasoline! C'mon you know me better than that. I had him sneek a quick starter into the kindling. Just don't tell Matt Nevels. Hey I might be going back to Utah. I will keep you posted. Later-